[3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 02:38:58 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.3

   80:  10      8
   40:  20     11
   20:  20     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  50     32  Total Score = 1,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. We
do some RTTY, not a lot, but wanted to support PVRC in the
NAQP "side-bet" with other contest clubs.  Only I (N3UM) was
available to operate.  CQ WW VHF, a favorite, was also on.
I hoped to do a couple of hrs. of fast S&P on HF RTTY and get
70-100 Qs. Turned out it took 2.3 hr. to get 50 Qs. I expect
40-50 Qs/hr. doing fast S&P on a fresh band on CW or SSB, but
it was more like 20 or 25/hr. on RTTY. I got on 20 m. ~20-21Z
and planned to go to 40 next, but thunderstorms delayed that
until well after dark.  Lots of QRM on 40 and on 80.