[3830] IOTA IZ3NVR SO12Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA IZ3NVR SO12Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 15:57:44 +0000
IOTA Contest

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SO12Mixed LP
QTH: JN65EP
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

   80:   10       6
   40:   40      12        6       6
   20:  104      41       69      27
   15:   56      31       32      17
   10:   10       6        2       2
Total:  220      96      109      52  Total Score = 526,436

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Nice contest as usual. First "serious" attempt at Low Power SO2R so
forgive me if, especially in the early hours of sunday, I have been much of a
LID on 40CW while running, I was for sure busy with the second radio.

It is nice to leave the QRP category and compete among the "big guns"
and set in such a score. I know it is nothing special but still it's half a
million reached in a bit less than 12 hours.

The initial idea was to park a radio on 40m to work as many G/EI as possible
but that definitely didn't work and 40m netted way less QSOs than expected.

10m showed some life no matter the number of sunspots and the A and K indexes.
Lots of flutter and QSB everywhere none the less. I need to improve timing as
well as the technical part of the station. Won't be easy as lots of things are
happening.

Found EI2KM on 10m SSB with a pretty good signal on saturday late afternoon
calling CQ with no breaks at all. A pity he went that way till the signal
faded. Could have been mult number 3 on 10m SSB.

Hard to hold a frequency on 20m CW, completely useless on SSB. Three times I
got zero beated by an Ukrainian station that came to my frequency and started
CQing (no matter I was there since the last 30 mins or so). Tried to battle a
bit but was useless, he was probably not even listening to me (hope so).

Total Qs (with dupes): 331
Radio 1 QSOs: 297 (89,5%)
Radio 2 QSOs: 35 (10,5%)

See you next year under hopefully better conditions.

FT-450 / FT-857
Vertical 10-15-20 / Fritzel FB33 rotative dipole
40-80m dipole