[3830] NAQP CW K8ND Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8ND Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 05:21:38 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: K8ND

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   64    24
   80:  185    41
   40:  211    43
   20:  114    28
   15:   43    20
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  617   156  Total Score = 96,252

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Fantasticops

Comments:

As usual, I started the contest with no strategy or plan. I stuck on 15-meters
to pick up multiplier much longer than I should have, and even tried to 'wake
up' 10-meters with some fruitless CQing. 20-meters wasn't much better.

I took ~1 hour off early to try to clear my headache (unsuccessfully) and to
have some dinner, then operated until I reached my 10-hour mark.

40 was much more productive once I got there. I spent a bit more than an hour
on 160, as I kept picking up multipliers there. Antenna for Topband is my low
80-meter inv-V with a tuner, but it seems to work acceptably. I spent the last
~1.75 hours on a fresh 80-meter band.