[3830] NAQP CW N6ZFO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6ZFO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 06:44:52 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   15     6
   80:   81    27
   40:  166    41
   20:  295    50
   15:   81    31
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  639   156  Total Score = 99,684

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

Comments:  Stretched my 6 hour commitment to 9.5.  Unusual names: Hamlet and
Braille!  High point was two bands with Summer, VE5SDH.  Did well on
multipliers but amazed not to work a single Alaska station.

The one 10m QSO was N0KQ, my neighbor.  Many stns heard pre-contest on 28050,
but presume they were running high power, because all disappeared at opening
bell (K2RD, K0EU and others).  QSO's on 80m with n4af and k4bai were on the
edge of ESP.  I think I worked Howie, more certain with John.

Just 2 Q's or one mult shy of 100K points, but probably the short dinner with
xyl was a better choice.  Actually we discussed the contest, and she has many
ideas for improvement, basically around the concept that the teams aren't
really teams in the sense that members don't help each other achieve a higher
score.  She thinks a scheme which allowed that would make the event much more
interesting.

73 Bill n6zfo