[3830] EUHF Champ RM2D(SM6LRR) CW Only HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6lrr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ RM2D(SM6LRR) CW Only HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 06:46:01 +0000
European HF Championship

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: CW Only HP
QTH: Vereya - NR Moscow
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    76           42
   80:   257           60
   40:   161           55
   20:   366           65
   15:    95           43
   10:   131           43
---------------------------
Total:  1086    0     308  Total Score = 334,488

Club: Russian Contest Club - RCC

Comments:

My first more or less serious effort in EUHFC. Many stations active and band
conditions in general quite ok for European contacts. Disappointment was 15
meters that never opened up really well into Moscow region. Maybe my Hexbeam
also performs comparatively better on 20 than on 10 and 15. Ten meters was open
more or less all time in some direction, and even after the contest at 3 AM
local time, the Hungarian skimmer should decent signals from here.

On 40 meters I worked Low Power until the last 3 hours due to TVI here in the
neighbourhood on that band. Maybe lost some 50 contacts and some multipliers
due to that, but nothing to complain about. The good thing with EUHFC is that
LP in general works pretty well.

It is nice to see that a Small Pistol SO1R station does not come too much
behind Big Gun SO2R stations, but the reality catches up with me... If I shall
ever come in some better positions, I need to invest in a second radio and a
second Hex Beam. Without this, I will never really tease the big guns from
behind.

Anyway, great fun to stretch the limits with this relatively moderate setup.

Radio:

Rig:    TS 590S
Amp:    Expert 1.3 K-FA
Power:  Mostly 1 kW, but 3 hours on 40 with 100W

Antennas:

10,15 and 20 meters:  2 element Hexbeam at 18 meters
40 meters:            1/4-vertical (groundmounted) with 2 elevated radials
80 meters:            1/4-vertical (groundmounted) with ground radials (1.5
km)
160 meters:           "Up and down" Inverted L... Max height 15
meters

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)