[3830] FW: NAQP CW NC6K Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] FW: NAQP CW NC6K Single Op LP
From: "Eric Gruff" <egruff@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 11:59:24 -0700
From: webform@b4h.net [mailto:webform@b4h.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 6, 2016 11:28 PM
To: 3830@contesting.com; nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: NAQP CW NC6K Single Op LP

   40:  283    47
   20:  242    51
   15:   39    11
   10:
-------------------
Total:  626   126  Total Score = 78,876

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments: I messed up by focusing on rate and not multipliers. I had several
epic runs on SO2R that made it tough to focus on the 2nd band, but looking
at my score against others, my mults were 10-30% less. I never picked up the
opening on 10 M that some found, and didn't spend enough time on 15 either.
My OCF dipole for 80 M worked better than the SteppIR dipole, but the Flex
6300 only puts out about 60-70 W on 80, so I probably lost mults there
too.160 M used to be good for me at least halfway across the US with the
300' inverted V, but that antenna went away after the tower went up per my
agreement with the XYL. Now I have to look into shunt feeding the tower for
160 and maybe 80.

Oh well. That's what contests are for - to learn for the next one. I'm
finally improving on SO2R and not getting brain freeze when there are
stations sending in both ears! Maybe SSB will be easier... No translation
needed.  At least the intrastation QRM is low at <100 W.