[3830] WAE CW W2UP(@W0DLE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W2UP(@W0DLE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 23:16:13 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Remote Operation

   80:
   40:   60    64    84
   20:  212   204    82
   15:   38    40    38
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  310   308   204  Total Score = 126,072

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

WAECW is one of my favorite contests due to the interesting rules (QTCs, and
including SOA and SO together) and the excellent ops.  However, it's a bear to
operate from Colorado (and too bad it's not later in the year when condx are
better).  This contest makes me miss living on the east coast - probably the
only thing that does :-)  One of the calls conspicuously not in my log was my
long time friend, DL2CC (unless he was using another call for the contest), who
I send QTCs at 60 WPM.

Nice to see the jump in the SFI to bring the bands to life a bit.  Was
surprised that 15m opened.  Also, was interesting how EUs, particularly
Russians, were loud on 20m late into the evening.  40m was noisy from
thunderstorms to the east, and 80m was uber-noisy - I could barely hear US east
coast stations on 80.

Thanks, as always, to W0DLE for the use of his station, remotely.  We have some
ongoing connectivity issues that we need to work out, but overall, it performed
well.

Barry w2UP