[3830] WAE CW K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:05:21 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:   35    16    72
   40:  216   216   117
   20:  227   217    86
   15:  144   179    70
   10:   26    19    36
-------------------------
Total:  648   647   381  Total Score = 493,395

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

There were 2 objectives for the weekend, one to pin more radials under my 80
meter 4 square, and to try for 500 QSOs in WAE.   Worked all day Friday on
radials, and for a good portion of the daylight hours on Saturday. The outside
work made it tough to stay up late at night, and I didn't!

When all was said and done, I had 10 new radials pinned under each vertical and
648 WAE QSOs.     It rained hard all day Sunday, and after the brief 10 meter
opening, the QRN made for tough sledding! I hate not being able to pull out
even one caller, but it happened several times.  Tried to use a 400 foot
unterminated beverage for receiving, and it helped a little.

The bottom line is that it's always a pleasure to deal with so many super CW
ops on the other end.   The QTC wrinkle makes things even more interesting.
It's amazing how few fills are required.   It was nice to work HA3NU, HB9DHG,
IR4X, OG7A, OH0X, and RU1A on 5 bands.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

See you in the next one.

73

Don K8MFO

K-3,  AL-1200,  80 meter 4 square,  Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet