[3830] WAE CW W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:39:49 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ema
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  152    30   148
   40:  320   300   135
   20:  611   783   100
   15:  212   246    90
   10:   70     4    58
-------------------------
Total: 1365  1363   531  Total Score = 1,448,568

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Was planing to take off time from 0500-1100Z the second night, but a
thunderstorm forced me to shut down about 00z so I had to revise my off time.
Good thing, or I might have missed part of the 10m opening.  When I started
back on the air at 10z, both 15 and 20m were already to open to Europe.  The
opening on 10m was rather intense for about an hour, then so-so for another
hour, then nothing heard the rest of the day.  Good thing I was there for the
peak!

Contest was a regular grind-it-out affair.  No great rates, no big pile-ups
from here.  Paul K1XM had operated form here last year, and set a US record for
LP, so I had his log to compare against.  I was as much as 100 Qs ahead of his
pace at one time, but the Sunday afternoon doldrums brought me back to just a
little ahead.

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station!

Dennis W1UE