[3830] WAE CW K1ZZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sumner@snet.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1ZZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:21:31 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ZZ
Operator(s): K1ZZ
Station: K1ZZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 13:30
Radios: SO2R

   80:    8     0    28
   40:  200   212   123
   20:  402   356    96
   15:  163   238    76
   10:   65    25    54
-------------------------
Total:  838   831   377  Total Score = 629,213

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had planned a reasonably serious effort, but at 0121Z on the first night when
I had just started on 80 meters there were a simultaneous flash of lightning,
sound of thunder, and disheartening crackle from the Titan amp along with the
Elecraft wattmeter going bonkers (and staying that way). The QRN on 80 hadn't
been that bad, so I thought the storm was a safe distance away. No such luck. I
disconnected everything and went to bed.

I had another project to work on over the weekend so just played around from
that point on, mostly on Sunday. It was nice to find 10 meters open and
conditions generally better than expected except for the low-band QRN that was
particularly bad Saturday night.

Haven't done triage on the amp yet -- I'm hoping it's something simple.

Dave