[3830] NAQP SSB NA1DX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, doug@ellmore.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NA1DX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:02:21 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NA1DX
Operator(s): NA1DX
Station: NA1DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 8:24

  160:   16    13
   80:   67    23
   40:  213    39
   20:  205    37
   15:   16     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  517   117  Total Score = 60,489

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Explorers

Comments:

Rig: FT1000MP with DVS-2 and Heil 4/5 desk mic
Antennas: Navassa5 (6m-20m), 40m Delta Loop bottom fed with horizontal top, 80m
Center Fed Lazy L, 160m Inverted L.

The Delta Loop I put up yesterday morning did well.  I got s9+ reports.  I was
amazed at all the sections I worked west, north, and south.  Running was easy.
The configuration proved itself.  It was hauled up between the tower and house
(vice the tower and tree by the house).  I was worried about a null in the
plane of the wire, but I worked SD, IA, MT, IN, IL, MI, NB, OH, too. So, I
think the model of being more omni directional in a bottom fed V with 2 corners
up with a horizontal element is a good one for domestic.  Note to self for SS.

The 80m centerfed L was solid.  It is fed with ~100 of 450 ohm ladder line to a
1:1 current balun.  I even was able to get a run going on 75m, too.

The 160m L helped me get some more multipliers.

Late I jumped back on 20m to S&P for HI.  Yep, he was there!  I did the
same on 15m, but it was very poor.  Never heard anyone for the quick scans I
did on 10m.

A few folks had me in their database as DE, yes sometime I work from DE but not
this time!

BTW, the XYL said I still used way to many cheats.  LOL

Low power, desk mic, no cluster, no panadapters.  Simple wire antennas for
40-160m.  What cheats?😉

It must have been the former W3LPL FT1000MP my buddy Rob picked up with my old
dvs-2 DVR from days past.

I had a lot fun running with 100w in a balanced NAQP operating field.

Thanks for all the repeated ops on different bands.  Sorry if I could not pick
up a few of you.

73

Doug