[3830] NAQP SSB K4VBM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ptcorners@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4VBM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 01:41:04 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4VBM
Operator(s): K4VBM
Station: K4VBM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   17    10
   40:   52    25
   20:   73    31
   15:   14     8
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  157    75  Total Score = 11,775

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Team: GCG #1

Comments:

Did much better than during my first NAQP SSB in January. Part of the reason
was probably because I upgraded to EXTRA class in June. Kenwood TS-870 100W
using a dipole antenna up about 25 feet fed with homemade ladder line. Was
able to make
contacts on all bands but 160 (no antenna for 160). Conditions were noisy, but
enjoyed the challenge of pulling out stations and working hard to make the
exchanges work. Had a very short run on 15m and a 30 minute run on 20m (which
snagged me Alaska). The rest was search and pounce.
Great great fun!