[3830] KsQP VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 21:00:30 +0000
Kansas QSO Party

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 5:53
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40:
   20:   95     30
   15:    2      1
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   97     31      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 23,650

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Sunday operation only !

But it was still fun ! ! !

Wish Ol' Sol had cooperated, 'cuz from up here this was a monoband contest.
Worked K5YAA on 15m just before the bell tolled (and a little while after, in
the actual contest) but only worked 2 other Q's the entire 6 hours of Sunday.

The RBN was showing my 15m CQ's well into entire W7 and also WB6BEE (OK) but
either nobody CQ'd on 15m or it promptly died.

Too far to hear even home stations on 40m, and, well, 10m and 80m were out of
the question. hee hee

For some reason I had a really hard time hearing Bob/W0BH pilot K0A and the
other callsigns he was sporting, so I am sure there's a bust or two in some of
those exchanges.  Sorry, never heard you on 247 SSB Bob....there was a loud
home stn there.

There was a 1x1 home stn in the mobile window and that made things
interesting.

At the start and perhaps for the first ~2 hrs, the mobile window was swamped
with the pileups from various DXpeditions and a couple special Russian
Callsigns.  Being "half way to Europe" it was nearly impossible to
hear the weak KS mobiles the first 2 hours.

Then, (if I am not complaining enough!) there was a blackout where I could not
hear even one KS stn for a period of time (20 mins?) but I could hear EU and a
few W7's calling the weak Asiatic Russians.  WEird.

Overall, a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon, as Sat. was a washout.

Thanks Bob and all you KS (or KS for 2 days guys)

Appreciate the contacts.

Mike VE9AA....500w, 4-Sq, IC7410x2, N1MM+