[3830] OhQP KV8P Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP KV8P Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:55:55 +0000
Ohio QSO Party

Call: KV8P
Operator(s): KV8P
Station: KV8P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LUCA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   25     26
   40:    4     36
   20:          23
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   29     85  CW Mults = 22  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 9,438

Club: Maumee Valley Contest Club

Comments:

Slow going early on with all the competing contests on 20m and 40m, but it was
worth the multipliers obtained by "sticking it out" and finding a
few.  I had a high noise level on 40 meters and several stations reported many
stations calling me that I couldn't hear.  Ugg  (HOA conditions and indoor
antennas here which make that a "fixed/permanent issue" for me on 40
meters)  I was expecting more/something from 20m and 40m CW.. anything
actually... , but I just ended up wasting some time trying there early on in
the day.  Eventually I found my way to 75 meters later in the day and never
looked back, although that is my poorest performing antenna, which needed
constant retuning. (picking up a whole new set of multipliers along the way,
though, so it was worth it).  Although, like many others, I did have 3-4 hours
of 30-40 over S9 noise crashes to contend with as the storms rolled through,
but managed to work a few during that (although, I don't know that they enjoyed
repeating themselves.. haha).  73 de Rob KV8P