[3830] KsQP W0O Mobile Unassisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP W0O Mobile Unassisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:29:41 +0000
Kansas QSO Party

Call: W0O
Operator(s): W0O
Station: W0O

Class: Mobile Unassisted LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   307
   20:   875
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  1182    0       0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 180,846

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My apologies to those who tried to work me from BRO/ATC/DON at the end of the
contest on Sunday afternoon.  Mother Nature decide to park a Kansas style
thunderstorm over my head and between the hard rain, rain static, and pea size
hail it was hard to hear anyone.  You haven’t operated mobile contesting
until you try operating when it’s hailing; I can cross that off my buck list
now.   I also discovered that mobile antennas make for excellent E-field probes
and I found myself as an unwilling participate in a study of E-field build-up vs
lightening.  I had at least a half a dozen really near field cloud to ground
lighting hits in that last hour.  I could hear the static build up from nothing
to 20 over S9 and then BAM, lightning, only to start all over again.  So if you
called me and I didn’t respond during that last hour, this was why.  I also
discovered that the weather for the Kansas QSO party tends to be bit warmer
than that during the Minnesota QSO party.  A benefit is that I found that my
cup of coffee stayed warm for a lot longer.

The following table shows the number of Q’s by band (40/20) for each of my
stops.   41 Q’s were DX per the list below.

Saturday (40m/20m)
JOH     15/44
DOU     14/25
MIA     19/45
FRA     11/61
AND     11/31
COF     22/48
OSA      6/51
LYO     11/37
CHS     17/32
MRN     24/36
DIC     18/32
MOR     36/20
GEA     56/24

Sunday (40m/20m)
RIL     21/27
WAB     16/36
SHA     10/47
POT      0/54
NEM      0/62
JAC      0/39
BRO      0/45
ATC      0/46
DON      0/34

DX worked (41):  9A6W(1), DK2OY(9), DK3BN(3), F5FJ(1), IK0MHR(3), NP3A(1),
OK2EC(2), ON4AAC(2), ON4CA(1), RA1AOB(1), RZ1OA(1), SM5CIL(1), SP9LJD(11),
TK5MH(1), and UA3AGW(3).

Thanks for all the Q’s

73, Jon