[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 05:08:56 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   68      55
   40:  101    1:28
   20:  119    1:37
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

300 Qs looked tantalizingly possible as I moved to 80. But the noise level
was ugly. My ears feel blooded. Still managed to squeeze some distant Qs out
of the S9+10dB noise. I must have seemed like an alligator. Sorry for so many
fill requests.
Two band changes. I stayed on 20 longer than usual which netted VE1, VE7, RI,
NC, ID, and AK between 0116 and 0136. I only worked 3 more mults the rest of
the contest. Good move except for the slower Q rate. 40 played reasonably well.
I really miss the 4el KLM we had up for years, though! 80 was jumping until all
the loud locals were in the log.
A number of times I never heard the confirm message from my Q-mate due to the
answering frenzy. What good is the confirmation if the one person who is
supposed to hear it cannot? I also observed this happen while waiting for
completion of other's QSOs. I realize this is nothing new. Part of the game.

Congrats to the high scorers out there. The best four hours of contesting.

73,
David N6AN