[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 16:59:31 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    7
   40:   73
   20:   67
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #2

Comments:

I was tired from helping all day at a local bike ride, and I didn't
have the heart to kick the DXers off the 2nd radio, so I used one
radio, and the secondary antennas. Occasionally, I had to switch
bands or wait when they were running the amp on my contest band.
We got along pretty well. Since I shake out the bugs every Thursday
night in NS RTTY, all the shack equipment is working.

I lowered my expectations from "full throttle" to "enjoyable
time."
Nice to hear the familiar calls, and nice to dance some couplets.
Some great ears, some alligators, many smooth Qs, a few jumbled
messes (sorry!). The High Power gang ruled, Low Power dashed
around the edges, QRPers just tried to avoid getting stomped. The
usual chaos and craziness. Great fun!

Band conditions seemed very good until I hit 80m. I had a great
first hour of 50 Qs on 20m!  Then it started to slide. 40m pretty good
but when I finally dared to try 80m, QRP couldn't cut it yet.  I
slunk back to 40m and tried later.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-3 at 48 ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: 4-sq pointing East
Kenwood TS-590s at 5 watts
Writelog and microham micro2r keyer
Panadapter by SDR-IQ and Spectravue software

QSO by hour and band.
           80M   40M   20M  Tot
00Z       -       -      51      51
01Z       -      24      15      39