[3830] WAE SSB KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenke3x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 13:57:39 +0000
WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oakton, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:   40    20   100
   40:  235   219   123
   20:  841   904   108
   15:  345   309    98
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1461  1452   429  Total Score = 1,249,677

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun weekend in Oakton - thanks to Jack and Gwyn for hosting, and for the
delicious food!   As an offering to the 'Murphy Gods' I brought a bunch of
backup equipment (DVK, SO2R box, even a foot switch) and looks like it worked -
the station performed flawlessly.

I had never done WAE DX Phone as a 36-hour Single Op before, and always
wondered why so many of the usual big guns skip it.   This morning I woke up
feeling like my head had been run over by a freight train, and voice was 50%
gone from sending all those QTC's, so now I get it.

Strategy was 'Run 20, Run 20 and Run Some More 20'.   The antenna was only a
Bencher Skyhawk but for some reason Jack's location gets out great.   I parked
between 14.155-14.170 for most of the weekend and had no virtually frequency
fights - a welcome change from CQWW Phone.

Took 5 straight hours off the first night and 8 straight hours off the second
night.  After seeing K3CR was spotted on 40 all Saturday night, I thought I had
made a serious error by missing Sunday European sunrise.   But after 13 hours of
Dual CQ'ing on 15/20 all Sunday, the 100-Q rate meter never dropped below 40, so
it appears the strategy was correct after all.   I was still running on 20 at
40/hour right up until 2300, as the band was very quiet and a steady stream of
weak DL's, PA's and I's kept calling in.

Looking forward to Worked All Germany - 73,

Ken