[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6ZE/ROVER Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ze@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6ZE/ROVER Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 05:04:43 +0000
ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N6ZE/ROVER
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE/ROVER

Class: Rover LP
QTH: dm04
Operating Time (hrs): 1.75dm

    6:  24      5
    2:  22      5
  222:   6      3
  432:  10      4
  903:   3      1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  65     19  Total Score = 1,653

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

6       2       135     70      33      BAND
24      22      6       10      3       QSOs
5       5       3       4       1       GRIDs
24      22      12      20      9       POINTS
                                        MULTIPLIERS
Qsos=65 Grids=18+1      Pts=87  Score=1653              N6ZE/R in both DM04mc &
DM04qb

QSOs =60        Grids = 18      Pts= 80 Score = 1440            N6ZE/R, but
entry as N6ZE/6 DM04qb
only
QSOs = 5        Grids = 5       Pts=7   Score=35                N6ZE/R, but
entry as N6ZE/6 DM04mc only

I have been a VHF/UHF Contest operator for many years. I was under the
impression that all VHF/UHF contest rules were changed early in 2016 to permit
“One Grid Roves” so as to account for: mobile operators AND operators who
did not succeed in making QSOs from more than one grid. Old rules had no
capability for these types of entries!

I operated very briefly from grid DM04mc in the Santa Monica Mts. on Saturday
afternoon and about 1.6 hours from grid DM04qb, also in the Santa Monica Mts,
on Sunday morning. I did NOT work any band-grids on Saturday which were not
duplicated on Sunday. Additionally, I did establish 2 way communications with
XE2CQ & WA6EJO on both days, but only counted the first of each QSO-band
contacts.

I consider that my score is 1653, based on a 1 grid rove, but from 2 locations
within the grid.
I suspect that ARRL might instead recognize 2 separate entries for N6ZE: N6ZE/R
in DM04mc (1440 pts)  AND N6ZE/R in DM04qb only (35 pts)

For 223.5 MHz (1.25 m) FM: I used a Kenwood TM331-A 5/8 wave whip

On the 6 meter, 2 meter, & 70cm band, I used an FT857 + 2m/70cm whip &
¼ wave whip on 6m

903 MHz (33 cm): I used my ALINCO DJG29 with whip as a hand held radio at all
times.

Bt73Pete, N6ZE/R in 2 DM04 locations