[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:31:30 +0000
ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fn31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 27

    6:  172    51
    2:  227    45
  222:  101    35
  432:  139    37
  903:   41    25
  1.2:   55    25
  2.3:   23    17
  3.4:
  5.7:    6     6
  10G:    5     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  769   246  Total Score = 320,528

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Condx were flat at my QTH - no enhancement at all noted throughout the contest.
Unfortunately my 3.4 ghz xmit did not work. Hrd lots of stations but they did
not hr me. That put a real dent in the score. On the bright side 2.3 ghz, which
failed last Sept was back to normal so that was great.

I think I worked more rovers this time around than last year which was nice.
Still a real drop off in rover activity vs prior years. They make a real
difference in the contest. Thanks for all who went out and made for a better
contest experience for the rest of us.

I did work some digital this time, mostly through Ping Jockey. I can see it has
major upside - I'm still learning to use MSK144 (great mode), and given I had
just returned from a sleep deprived overseas trip, I opted for more sleep vs
staying on and working the rox.

Once again I am writing the QST article and if anyone has comments I'd love to
hear them. In particular I'd like to know:

-about any enhancement that was noted. For example,  those enjoying tropo
Sunday night in the Midwest and Southeast please tell me what you experienced.

-How you are using the new rules allowing communication through various means
to effect your operating? Did you do anything different this time? Anything you
learned for next time?

Tnx for the Q's and Cu next time (hopefully with 3.4 g working)!

Jeff