[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:50:09 +0000
NA Sprint RTTY Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   9
   40:  30
   20:  42
---------------------
Total:  81     Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,349

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

I love RTTY Sprinting, that's why I practice every Thursday night.
I got a somewhat kludgy-SO2R configuration going, even though
a Win 10 update earlier this week changed all my COM port
numbers and lost half the device drivers, etc... Its amazing when
I can actually make a QSO!

Windy and a rainstorm here, so bands noisy with lots of crashes.
AGC-Slow was far better at ignoring the crashes.

20m was good, but too many people packed into just 080 - 084.
If we spread out it would be easier for everybody.  Most people
left after the first hour, but prop was still good for several hours.

40m: I went after 90 minutes, but it was still 1 hour before sunset
and nobody can hear me... Keep trolling on 20m and look for the
really BIG sigs on 40m who maybe can hear me.

80m: At 2:30 I finally left an empty 20m and tried 80m. Yes, 80m
QRP at 15 minutes past sunset! Only a few stations even paused
their CQing... I could hear 50 signals to every 1 who could hear
me. I revised my hopes for 100 QSOs, down to hope for 80!
Whew, made it.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-3 at 48 ft, C-31xr at 72ft
40m: Force 12 2 element at 78ft
80m: 4-square pointed East
Elecraft K3 at 5 watts
Kenwood TS-590s at 5 watts
Writelog and microham micro2r keyer
MMTTY and 2Tone decoders
Panadapter by SDR-IQ and Spectravue software

QSO by hour and band.
        80M    40M    20M   Total  Cumm
00Z       -        -     30       30     30
01Z       -       6      12       18     48
02Z       4      18       -       22     70
03Z       5       6       -       11     81
Total:    9      30      42