[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KM4KMU SO FM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KM4KMU SO FM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 21:38:14 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  212    22  Total Score = 4,664

Club:

Comments:

Unofficial.  My tally.

Much better than last January where I scored 80 points.  Worked from Flag Pole
Mound FM08 at 4400 feet.  Beams for all 3 bands and an tri band omni for close
in work.  TGE battery booster saved my bacon when I lost a cell on one of my
deep cycle batteries and was 11.5V unboosted, 13.5V boosted kept me going. Had
to breath increasing amounts of hydrogen sulfide gas being spit out by the cab
mounted battery as the day wore on Sunday.  M2 beams for 440 & 220.
Cushcraft beam for 144.  Comet Tri band omni.  Bears were annoying.  Lightening
ran me off the top Saturday night around midnight.  Slept in the back of the
Jeep Cherokee.  15 foot fold over mast mounted to a manual rotater welded to
the floor of Cherokee.  23 foot cross arm height.  100W amp for 2m, 35W 440,
25W 220.  Yaseu FT8800, Kenwood TM-331. LMR-400 cable.