[3830] Salmon Run N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 00:03:38 +0000
Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:    6
   20:   55     84
   15:   16      5
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   77     89      0  Mults = 36  Total Score = 15,724

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 1000 bonus points with W7DX.

I was not expecting what happened, Sunday is usually a real grind and not worth
nearly full time. This year propagation was excellent on 20 meters to WA
throughout the daytime hours even when the MUF was up to 15 meters which it was
for several hours. 15 was very underutilized/ignored. With my modest 100W, I was
able to run and hear even the weakest stations quite well on 20 phone; it was
never this great in past years. In the last hour I ran quite a few more on 20
phone including a call from rare Asotin county (many other rare ones called
earlier). I did not work the mobiles much at all Saturday and did not notice
them spotted either, but was distracted trying to work the SAC CW on the side
as well as NPOTA stations. Mobile activity seemed down, but the increase in
general activity and casual WA ops more than made up for it. Thanks to mobiles
WW7D and N7WA for some Q's/mults on Sunday. N1MM shows 26 hours off, but not
the time on.

This was really fun most of the time. The ionosphere has not been my friend
lately with dismal conditions/disturbances, but no complaints this past weekend
for sure! Thanks for the Q's.

73, Jeff