[3830] SAC CW OH2BH(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW OH2BH(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:38:59 +0000
Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pusula
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:  416    47
   40:  755    62
   20:  798    68
   15:  173    46
   10:   13     9
-------------------
Total: 2155   232  Total Score = 1,173,688

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Another one is in the books! The activity seemed good from both within
Scandinavia and without, although I guess QSO numbers are not quite up at the
maximum any more due to degrading high-band conditions.

In fact I thought band conditions were rather interesting this time. While 10m
was all but gone, and 15m was generally so-so, for example 80m provided
excellent conditions to North America on Sunday morning. 15m also sported nice
signals from JA in a late opening on Sunday, even though the usual early hour
provided next to nothing. I also found that NA signals tended to come from a
skewed path on 15m.

The station worked well. I had minor technical problems with the logging
software, including one crash and constant one-second delays when switching TX
focus from one radio to another while synchronizing simultaneous run QSOs on
both radios. That technique really helps kick up the rate in contests like SAC,
although it's tough with the serial numbers and all!

The battle on cqcontest.net was fun once again, although I simply wasn't able
to keep up with Mike's pace @SJ2W after the early hours of Sunday. Congrats and
great job, OM! Thanks also to all non-Scandinavians for being there for us. This
is the one time of the year that us propagation-deprived northerners get to be
in the middle of the action :)

For some post-contest drama, it appears Mr. Murphy struck at "just the
right time". The hard disks of the www.sactest.net server crashed during
the contest, and the website and log robot are still down over 48 hours later.
We are pushing the ISP to get the server running and the backups uploaded ASAP,
fingers crossed...

Many thanks to Martti OH2BH and Leena OH2BE for use of their fine summer
cottage and station!

73
Kim OH6KZP