[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 14:15:24 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 21

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :36

  160:
   80:
   40:  41     41
   20:  17      9
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  58     50  Total Score = 2,900

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Oh, Lord Have Mercy....Murphy has set up housekeeping in my shack, methinks.
Ha!

I beg forgiveness from several who were calling and I had to fumble around.
Lost config with Port 4 (Winkey) multiple times.  Lost config with COM 11
(Orion) multiple times.  Had to reboot this doggone Windoze Lenovo T430 laptop
FOUR (did he say FOUR?????) times.  Then, somehow, the CW connection was lost
to N1MM, so I checked the Config settings on COM 4 and the doggone box by
'Winkey' somehow became unchecked.  I clicked that and things seemed to work
again--for a while.

Don't I sound pitiful?  Well, that's how us backwoods Rednecks in MS function
most of the time.

Now, here's what hurt really bad....I could hear my cross-town rival/buddy, Joe
AB5OR, just tearing it up, racking up Qs with y'all...and here I sat waiting for
the confounded Windoze box to find its place in the universe.  All the while,
Joe's log book was getting fatter and fatter.  Y'all need to stop answering his
calls!  He's so high and mighty with his new Flex 6500 and 'secret' interface
boxes and all sorts of stuff (he's on some kind of super-secret test team for
ham radio DX and contesting hardware and software developers) that he will
hardly even have his chauffeur roll down the back window for him so he can wave
when his entourage passes my shack.  Come on, folks...let's play fair.  'Fair,'
by the way, means 'Answer WB5EIN but not AB5OR'!  Got it?

OK, now that things are back to abnormal around here, I hope to catch some of
you later today.

Seriously (as much as that hurts), I thank each of you for the Qs.  And, I hope
that these little epistles on 3830 provide you some small element of relief from
the totally serious, hard-core entries by the REAL contesters within CWOps.

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400 foot horizontal loop up 40 feet