[3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0MN Classic SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marykayladynv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0MN Classic SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 00:56:25 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AC0MN
Operator(s): AC0MN
Station: AC0MN

Class: Classic SOAB LP
QTH: EN18rn
Operating Time (hrs): 23:59

   80:   41      22       3     4
   40:   90      31      16    10
   20:  189      33      55    19
   15:   14       0       9     3
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  334      86      83    36  Total Score = 117,875

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Not a bad result. 55 DXCC entities, 37 states but only 4 VE provinces. Entirely
S&P. Our long-wire is too low to work even marginally well on 80. That,
coupled with long propagation on 40, hurt the close-in mult count. 100 watts
and a wire works pretty well if you are persistent.

Saturday was decent to northern/southern EU but not Sunday. Sunday was okay to
southern EU and good to Central/South America. Asia was nearly a no-show. I
never heard anything on 10 and worked a few mults, with good signals, on 15.
Everyone seemed happy hammering away on one another on 20.

Apologies to all for Saturday morning QLFs. Heavy rain Friday night caused RF
issues into the computer that meant the keyboard locked up, sending multiple
calls or multiple exchanges and I had to shut the rig down for the ESC key to
stop the nonsense. Clamp-on ferrites took care of most of the problem but it
was still embarrassing.