[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6LL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K6LL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 03:04:33 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:   46       28       3     4
   40:  194       41      40    21
   20:  438       47      78    31
   15:  298       24      52    23
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  976      140     173    79  Total Score = 831,824

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I just got home from being away all summer, so I didn't plan to do much in this
contest.  I started out just wanting to make sure everything was working after
a 3 month hiatus.  In fact, everything was working fine, and my background
noise level has decreased significantly compared to what it was when I left,
which was a pleasant surprise.  I put in 17 hours, spread over the whole
weekend, which isn't much really.  I didn't even get up early for the 40 meter
JA opening on Saturday.

Since it was a casual operation, I wasn't using SO2R, it got kind of boring on
Sunday afternoon with just one radio, so I quit for a while.  I invited Mike
W6RW, over to show him how RTTY works, and he had fun making a bunch of QSO's
using his own call sign.  After Mike left, I got on again and had an impressive
JA run on 15 and 20, right until the end of the contest.  So much for the old
adage that "JA's don't show up on Sunday afternoon."  Maybe they have
mostly retired now, and don't have to go to work on Monday. Whatever the reason,
it was fun!