[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7JR M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zo@cableone.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7JR M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:17:09 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7JR
Operator(s): K7ZO KR7X K7RF K7MK
Station: K7JR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Remote Operation

   80:   92       37       4     5
   40:  305       44      44    25
   20:  781       49      87    29
   15:  294       25      54    25
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1472      155     189    84  Total Score = 1,403,840

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time firing up the K7JR Snake River Remote Contest Club station for this
contest. Shook the cobwebs out of some things here and cleaned some rust off
things there.

As others have said this one was certainly the tale of two days. Things started
off great during the first 24 hours: nice openings to Europe on 40M Friday night
and on 15M during Saturday day, nice Japan openings on 40 and 15 as well the
first day. Then came Saturday night everything shut down. The MUF to Japan
droppped below 7MHz and we lost even 40M propagation to Japan -- something that
happens usually only at the bottom of cycles. 15M was essentially shut down to
everywhere for us all day on Sunday -- only a couple QSOs to the southeast and
a small JA opening toward the end. 10M? Forget about it.

Still we enjoyed the openings we had and had fun. One thing about remote
contesting is, if the bands suck, you can just wander off and doing something
else around the house that is more enjoyable.

Scott/K7ZO for the SRRCC Crew