[3830] CQ WW RTTY GU0SUP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY GU0SUP SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:44:54 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    0       0        0     0
   40:   67       7       45    13
   20:  215      29       67    20
   15:  117      22       40    23
   10:   11       0       11     7
------------------------------------
Total:  410      58      163    63  Total Score = 288,828

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

As Robb G0URR was here (as GU0URR) and wanted to operate the contest, I thought
I would play it low-key and let him have some fun.
Most of the time I was S&P apart from a few short sessions when I called
CQ.

The bands were strange at times, working JA and then G stations on 20m. Sunday
was definitely poorer, but there were some nice openings, even if only
briefly.
It was great to catch VK2RT on 20m at 1417UTC, much later than I would have
expected. Also great to catch Bud VA7ST - our first contact since January of
this year.

I was also surprised to see 10m open late on Sunday afternoon, and 9J2HN was a
nice catch.

A lot of Rookies in the contest I guess, as many didn't appear to know my call.
Had a few think I was GI or just G and it took a while for some to get the call
right.

Worked Robb GU0URR on 3 bands (40/20/15), and got MJ5Z on 3 bands (20/15/10).

A lot of familiar calls seemed to be missing, but I see that many were
operating from other stations.

Thanks to all for the fun, and see you in the next one...

Phil GU0SUP