[3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ6AN(IZ6TSA) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, info@iz6tsa.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY IQ6AN(IZ6TSA) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:16:09 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IQ6AN
Operator(s): IZ6TSA
Station: IR6T

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: JN63QM
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40: 1488      52      113    32
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1488      52      113    32  Total Score = 693,243

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

I began to prepare this contest a few weeks ago, when I realized that an All
Band effort would have been impossible from the new station. After raising the
3 elements yagi @37m height in July, this was to be the decisive band for a
serious entry. For the occasion I also set up a rotary dipole fixed on Europe,
two beverages and a vertical 250m away for inband. The target was certainly the
world record settled last year by my friend Filippo IZ1LBG from IQ1RY.

Friday night before the contest, once arrived at the station, I made the last
tests before going to rest and surprisingly the 3el was not working. I spent 3
hours to figure out where the problem was, and after climbing in the tower and
not having accomplished anything, I decided to turn the dipole to the north
america and use just that during the first night. The first night went well
although with only the dipole, many QSOs made in S&P with the second radio.
In the morning hours when I had to sleep I fixed the antenna with the help of
the rest of the station crew and after 3 hours of work the yagi was running
again. The rest of the contest was unfortunately slow, a lot of S&P and
very few Run qsos even if i had a good signal reported by RBN. The impression
was that a lot of entrants have been limited to calling so much that I dropped
several times my run frequency to make S&P with both radios to be more
productive.

At the end the yagi has worked well, i've never heard so many JA stations on
40m as in this case and obviously it's a killer breaking multiplier pileups.

Thanks to Italo IK6JNH and Franco IK6RYU who helped me to fix the yagi, Andrea
IK6VXO who helped me lay the beverage and the cable for the vertical inband and
Salvatore IK8UND who passed for a greeting bringing specialties from Naples.
Without you I would never be able to achieve this new claimed world record.

See you next year. Maybe multi-op from IR6T.

73 de IZ6TSA Nicolò
info@iz6tsa.net - www.ir6t.com