[3830] CaQP N1CC SO(A)Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N1CC SO(A)Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 22:47:33 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    2      0
   80:   32     19
   40:   38      9
   20:   86    144
   15:   78    197
   10:    5      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Elecraft K3/100 @ 100 Watts
20-15-10 Force 12 C3 @64'. On 40-80 switched between four antennas, as needed
to make contacts.  (1)160M Inverted L (40M most of the night), (2) 80/40 Fan
Dipole @50' N/S, (3) 80/Fan Dipole @50' E/W, and (4) 43; Vertical. 160M used
transmit Inverted L and BOG RX antenna. Software: WriteLog V12.09F.  Used RBN,
Packet Cluster, and on-line propagation tools.

Radio Conditions:  Nasty is a good word. Near black-out much of Sunday to West
coast.  All bands longer than usual.

Had hopes of repeating or improving 2015 performance in this class.  With the
propagation challenge that was over-optimistic.  This year's score is down 18%
for about the same amount of on-the-air time.  153 fewer contacts, however, the
Clean Sweep was attained at 12:45 UTC Sunday - early for me, and better than
missing it last year (Colusa Co. last in the log).

Was able to sustain runs on 40, 20, and 15 some of the time.  The 10 Meter
opening was short for Texas, however, I suspect the East Coast did very well
with several hours of 10 Meter to California open for them. (I did make more
10M contacts than last year). 160M Conditions seemed good, there were not many
stations that came down to Top Band.

15M was the best band for me this year, as last year with only 9 fewer
contacts.  20M was second, however, was 80 fewer contacts than 2015 making up
half of the reduction overall.  40 was very erratic, and almost every QSO had
to be completed with a different antenna ... switching between them to get a
good QSO.

As usual the CQP was a lot of fun along with the work involved.