[3830] CaQP N6TV SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6TV SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 23:05:21 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    35
   80:   208
   40:   382
   20:   571
   15:   427
   10:    86
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks to all the County Expeditioners who made it possible to work every
California County this weekend.  It's really challenging to get some of our more
remote counties on the air, but somehow they always manage to make it happen.
My hat is off to you.

No sweep for me; I could not find Alaska on CW. :-(

Thanks to W6NF/M for driving over to ND.

I spent most of the contest interleaving CQs on two bands at the same time.
What a workout.  I certainly tied myself up a couple of times.  Thanks to all
who happily QSY'd to my other run frequency on request.

Despite the poor conditions (the K index was 4 or 5 most of the weekend), 10m
opened very well with some spot propagation on Saturday.  Sadly, there was no
return of that nice opening on Sunday.

I logged 117 more QSOs than last year.  But I only worked 9 Europeans and 7
JAs.

Ant: 5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80m short rotary dipole,
shunt-fed tower on 160m
Rx Ant:  VE3DO Loop, N6RK Loop
Twr: U.S. Tower HD-589MDPL 89 ft (27 m) crank-up
Rig: Elecraft K3 (2)
Amp: Alpha 87A (2)
SO2R: microHAM MK2R+
Software: DXLog.net version 2.3.9 by 9A5K

73,
Bob, N6TV
2016 CQP County Coordinator