[3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:47:59 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:     0      0
   80:   102    158
   40:   268    321
   20:   311    768
   15:   281    344
   10:    59     73
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1021   1664  Mults = 58  Total Score = 370,040

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, many thanks to the NCCC for again hosting an amazing event.  On
the heels of the big "GOLDRUSH" year last year where I operated W6R @
K6NA and set a personal best, I was firmly ready to accept a lower score this
year with declining conditions and an extra year of age under my belt ;-)
After spending much of the last year on the sidelines from contesting and
basically NO preparation for this contest I decided just to go for it and have
maximum fun. (I literally sat down in the chair for the first time 15 minutes
before the contest started!!) I have to hand it to my host Glenn for getting
things ready to go.
My start was well behind the thunderous start of last year but I found ways
throughout the afternoon and evening Saturday to make up ground and finished
the night off ahead of last year.  This was good news and gave me drive to push
hard on Sunday.  Sunday was more of a slog as usual with seemingly more
disturbed/depressed conditions but there were some nice runs likely fueled by
packet spots.  The addition of assisted category has certainly helped this
contest increase the potential for record scores.  I predict that the next peak
of the cycle will see many records fall due to this phenomenon.  Will MJDan
break the 4k mark?  Likely!
When the checkered flag fell on this event, I had broken my all-time high score
set last year as W6R and I really felt great.

Looking forward to SS and of course next year's CQP!

Craig N6ED

Notable mentions:

N6DE Dean @VY1AAA what a great showing from VY1 via remote, hell if that is
what we gotta do to get VY1 on the air, I'm for it!  Worked him 3 times
easily.

NR5M and K9CT: Amazing signals and always right there when I came up on a
frequency.

MAR Province:  The new VY1?  I only got 1 QSO from MAR, what happened to all
our friends out there?

AK:  Only 2 QSO's, missing some of our good friends up there, RIP KL7RA, KL7Y!
(on that note, missing my good buddy KO7X too)