[3830] NA Sprint SSB KN5TX(@WA5FWC) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KN5TX(@WA5FWC) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 16:55:52 +0000
NA Sprint SSB Contest - October

Call: KN5TX
Operator(s): WA5FWC
Station: WA5FWC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Venus TX
Operating Time (hrs): 3 1/2

   80:   35   40 min
   40:   54   140 mi
   20:   26   30 min
---------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

NIce concept for a short contest. I had a problem with my program to begin and
it cost me some valuable time. About 20 minuites.

I began the contest with the wrong contest in the program and that took about
30 minuites to correct.Thank to my friend N3BUO a phone call got me on track
with the correct program and all was well.
The format is difficult to work and keep the Q rate very high. There was
tremendous QRN and many lost qs due to the noise. I think the east coast
hurricane keept the score down quite a bit. I had very little propogation
stateside on 20 meters early on and had to go to 40 meters before many qs. the
band  was very long and many of the contacts were very week and required
several trys. Thanks to the quys that hung in there with me. I should have got
on 80 about an hour earlier as the signals were better and not so many dupes. I
found it was time consuming to listen to the calls before calling and then the
guy had to change frequency, maybe I can figure this on out before the next
sprint. I had fun and will get better at this format.
Thanks guys that persevered the bedlam Gary WA5FWC/ KN5TX