[3830] NyQP N1CC SOMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP N1CC SOMixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 01:22:48 +0000
New York QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOMixed QRP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:    1      0      0
   40:    7      0      0
   20:   29     15      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   37     15      0  Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,581

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Elecraft K3/100 @5 Watts.  Force 12 C-3 @64'.  80/40 Fan Dipole @50'
broadside N/S.  WriteLog V12.09F and spotting networks.

Although conditions improved in the few days before the NYQP they did not
stabilize well enough to really take advantage of "radio good
conditions" that never came about.  Final score down 33% from last year,
fewer contacts on 80 and 40 and zero contacts on 15M this year.

Not able to get much of a run going, in part lack of stations on from NY and
then there were the N4, NN8, VE3, KA9. W3. KA3, N2 (not NY) and WD8 that just
had to call and were then offended when I told them NIL as they were not in NY
and had answered a "Directed Call for New York Only".  I guess since
that represent an additional 8 lost opportunities - or 20% waste of time it
only means that the "shake and bake" schools on a weekend aren't
turning out properly "Elmered" Hams.  That needs to change.  Several
of the WAG stations kept infringing on all stations, as they have no regard for
"QSO Party" activity.  The unusually large population of JOTA stations
also created less than desirable spectrum.  One station asked me to spot him.  I
didn't spot him, and deleted the contact as the committee might null his
contacts for that violation of the principle of NYQP for "no
self-spotting".

This year it was a challenge to get more than 50 valid contacts.