[3830] JARTS AB1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS AB1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 00:41:36 +0000
JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:    3     3
   40:   36    15
   20:   85    40
   15:   30    23
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  155    82  Total Score = 31,324

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It's always interesting to see the ages of my fellow amateurs, but I've figured
out the trend and it's not good.

Otherwise, I've always marveled at this 48 hour contest with only three entry
categories and a handful of awards.

I worked one JA.  And one QSO on 10m.  15 was quite good but I was more
interested in 20m.

My goal was to test my outside antenna as 20m full wave.  It's a 40m half wave
which I also use as a quarter wave on 80m worked against a counterpoise.  It
dawned on me it could be used on 20m as an alternative to the attic 20m dipole,
although the latter is higher.

The A/B tests showed the outside wire was marginally better.  It may be useful
if I do a single band entry in some future contest.  Currently I have only a
manual antenna tuner (on the other side of the shack) which makes it really
inconvenient to make rapid 40m-20m band changes in all-band contests if I use
the outside wire on both bands.  I'll have to look into an automatic tuner.

Thanks for the QSOs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500  N1MM+  MMTTY/MMTTY/2Tone/GRITTY
Indoor and outdoor wires