[3830] TBDC KA1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KA1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 16:39:31 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 103  Total Score = 407

Club:

Comments:

Always love the topband contests.

Finally got to give my HI-Z 8 element array a workout and it works very well as
regards S/N; lower volume and clear signals, especially compared to the Rx
signals on the sloper.

Noticed something this time though that I feel badly about; most QSOs were
without warmth this time. 160 has always been a friendly band for contacts,
even during a contest. Not this time, people started calling CQ as I was
signing off. No 73, TU, GL; instead I'd hear their call being sent when the
semi break-in went to Rx. There were maybe 5-6 people that sent GL or 73 and
the rest I had to assume they felt they got my report correct.

I get the idea of winning, I like to win too and every nicety costs time, I get
it. I just hate to see that loss of acknowledgment and the pure mechanics of
winning finally make it to Top Band.

73,

Gary
KA1J