[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:40:20 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 207  Total Score = 2,568

Club:

Comments:

Horrific QRN with tropical systems in every direction made completing contacts a
real chore. If I appeared deaf to some please understand.  Some contacts took
over 5 minutes to complete.  I stuck primarily to one frequency low in the band
since S&P was a non-starter due to the QRM from a close by operator making
moving around   virtually impossible. A short opening to EU but no Africa or
South america except for some close by YV's.  Best DX was working Ron VK3IO who
came out of nowhere as the sun was rising. KH6LC also called me and had a great
signal.  Many thanks to the West Coast stations who stuck with me often
repeating their calls and Grid Square info. Working W6's and 7's made up for
the sparse EU stations that are usually more active.