[3830] CWopsT K3WJV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K3WJV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 05:53:48 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Oct 27

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  28
   40:  32
   20:   3
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  63  Mults = 50  Total Score = 3,150

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I'm still not sure what happened. Rcvd stubs for 80 & 40 today and
temporarily installed after the 1900 session. Things appeared like they were
working and had a VE2 call me on 40 while I was sending "test" and
looking at all the meters. We had a little ragchew and I thought I'd be ready
to go tonite. Something wasn't right as 80 sounded strange. I was wrkg people
but runs were just not right. Signals and noise were like I was listening on a
beverage so when I did call CQ if I neglected answering you lo siento. I'll
figure it out next week. Took the stubs out and set the K3 & tuner up for a
weekend of ssb so1r with stn2, actually my main operating position. Ughh! 73
& GL in CQWW SSB.

PLEASE LOOK FOR MY FELLOW FRC OPERATORS THIS WEEKEND @ KP2M  VP9/N3AD  VE2DXY
T43K   TI5/W4TTT   P40W   V47T

stn 2   K3/P3 & Acom 2000A
2el K4KIO Hexbeam-6 bands @24ft
3 band dual inv vee broadside N/S @ 55ft  40/160/80

stn 1   FT1000MP & Alpha 89
OCF80 inv v @ 50ft replaced with 40 mtr sloper for now.

Rx ant   200ft RBOG/kd9sv
lots of extra boxes    TopTen band decoders-dx doubler-relays   Green Heron
Palstar HF-auto

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger

After initial encouraging so2r on 40/20, interference has crept in plus 80/40
have strange things going on after installing some stubs. I found that using my
OCF just has too much RF floating around. The GFI in the kitchen trips which
turns off my under counter light and my wireless phones both go into intercom
mode and commence beeping. Nightmare on elm street. I repaired my rg8x feedline
that goes to my 40 mtr sloper and that helped a lot. I need to eliminate my
multi band wires with associated single feedlines but probably won't happen
until the good wx returns. We have a work in progress situation with so2r but I
keep trying to use it. I really started to get comfy with so2r and wanted to get
better at it but now I am so1r mostly until this interference issue is history.