[3830] CQWW SSB OH0X(OH6KZP) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH0X(OH6KZP) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 18:03:18 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0X
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH0X

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Brando
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

  160:   28     4       25
   80:  109    15       57
   40:  114    26       93
   20:  143    31      109
   15:  110    25       88
   10:  154    11       45
------------------------------
Total:  658   112      417  Total Score = 585,603

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This CQWW SSB was certainly one for the books, but not in a good sense. As
wisely put by OM Seppo, OH1VR, "you can't break the Aurora Curtain -
possibly you'll hear something but to get your own signal to the other side is
another business."

Indeed some contest show appeared to be running on the stage behind The
Curtain, but from up here in the galleries it was impossible to tell for sure.
My operating consisted mostly of trying to learn more about interesting band
openings at this time of the year, and of working multipliers for fun.

By 16:30z on Saturday I thought "screw this", pulled the plug, and
focused on more inspiring matters such as sleeping and emptying the outhouse
from this season's products. A few more QSOs were made on Sunday.

Better luck and conditions next time...!

73
Kim OH6KZP