[3830] CQWW SSB NJ8J SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NJ8J SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 01:35:07 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:20

  160:
   80:
   40:  25     10       18
   20:  15      6       11
   15:  46     13       24
   10:   9      4        7
------------------------------
Total:  95     33       60  Total Score = 22,320

Club: South East Contest Club

Equipment:
Alinco DX-77T
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna tuner

Antennas:
40 through 10: 100' OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
10: 10 Meter half-square, indoors

Logger: yfktest

Put in a bit over 5 hours this weekend.  The 10 meter half-square is new.  I
threw it together a few weekends ago for the 10-10 fall QSO party, and just
slung it inside.  Definitely does better than the 100' OCF doublet on 10 (my
auto tuner can't tune the 100' doublet on 10, and trying to use my MFJ manual
tuner ahead of it to make the tuning easier introduces a noticeable drop),
although being inside means I pick up a fair bit of computer spurs.  Plans are
to get the half-square mounted outside before ARRL 10M in December.

Noticed 3 or so S-units of extra noise this weekend.  Didn't figure out until
only 10 minutes remained in the contest that the cause was an external hard
drive I had powered up and attached to the shack computer.  Wish I had caught
that earlier!

The majority of the contacts are Central/South America and zone 33.  Did have a
few zone 31 Qs, but only 1 Europe.  I'm not sure what it is about the Canary
Islands that makes them as easy to work as the Caribbean, but they and the
Caribbean stood out as what could be worked on 40, 15, and 10.