[3830] CQWW SSB VP5S M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP5S M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 03:34:59 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5S
Operator(s): K0MD AC0W K4IU W0BM
Station: VP5S

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Providenciales, TCI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   72     4       11
   80:  435    15       48
   40:  804    23       67
   20: 1438    24       86
   15: 1890    22       66
   10:  301    19       36
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Tough conditions!
We had not intended to operate low power but a brand new solid state amp failed
before the contest started - made me wish I had kept my Acom 1010 until after
the contest!

Propagation was marginal most of the contest.

Funnest moments:  Discovering an open 10 meters on Sunday, having SZ and HZ
call us during runs, working JA at the end on the multiplier rig.

Rigs -
Run station: Icom 7600
Multiplier station: Icom 7600
Antennas -

Run station: Force 12 XR-5 and Force 12 240 2 element monobander, dipoles for
80 and 160.

Multiplier station: HyGain Hy Tower and non-functional 3/3 on 10 meters fixed
to EU

We ran new coax to the HyTower and it did fine for a vertical with a low power
transmitter.

We missed our extra 3dB with the amp.

If this is not the bottom of Cycle 24/25, I don't want to operate at the
bottom.  There were too many fades during exchanges.

Wishes:
1. Less solar eruptions that raise the A-index and more that raise the SFI
2. Quicker exchanges with some US operators who seem to take 3 minutes to say
59 4/5 - I was asking for fills due to the QSB
3. Better working conditions to Asia and Europe
4. More African stations on the air
5.  Rigs with better SSB filtering to remove the adjacent splatter!

Enough dreaming- this one was fun and is in the books! Thanks for all of the
QSO's and spots from MWA members.

Jody Millspaugh was a great hostess as always. We enjoyed visiting the Shark
Bite restaurant before and after the contest. Some traditions never change

Scott, on behalf of VP5S team