[3830] CQWW SSB A93JA(KE5JA) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB A93JA(KE5JA) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 04:54:33 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: A93JA
Operator(s): KE5JA
Station: A93JA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Bahrain
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160:    5     2        5
   80:   45     9       26
   40:  116    12       49
   20:  779    27       84
   15:  936    28      108
   10:  246    20       59
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

OK contest given the conditions, but a big difference from last year (last year
I had 865 more QSO's and a total of 1732 QSO's on 10m alone).  This year, only
246 QSO's on 10m, and no W/WE on 10m or 15m.  Seems I did have a pipeline to
Spain on the upper bands though.

You can tell where we are headed in the solar cycle, but I did better than
expected given the conditions.  As always, it's a struggle for me on the low
bands with my simple antennas and generally high QRN. I use a sloper on 160m
and 40m, dipole on 80m, and Optibeam OB9-5 only up 45 feet for 10/15/20.

Happy to give everyone the A9 multiplier, and it's always nice when I tune the
band answering CQ's late in the contest and surprise stations with the
multiplier.  There has been very little contest activity from Bahrain over the
years and it's interesting that I set an all time Bahrain category record every
year in this and all contests.

73, and hope to work you on CW in November.