[3830] CQWW SSB WP3DX(KP4WK) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wp3dx@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WP3DX(KP4WK) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 14:23:19 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WP3DX
Operator(s): KP4WK
Station: WP3DX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Puerto Rico
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    1     1        1
   40:  142     8       11
   20:  319     8        9
   15:  313    15       18
   10:   25     7        6
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Awesome contest weekend, weather was beautiful outside.

Notes;

-Somehow sneaked out for a total of 12.54 hours of operating time.

-10 meters seemed dead. Call call call and nothing then out of no were Hawaii
KH6CJJ calls me.

- I glanced at the N1MM logo on my screen at the same time the actual N1MM
called me, weird.

- Worked W3LPR followed by W3LPL, weird

-Call call call and nothing, next call and all of the sudden I got a mini burst
of stations coming back.

-They come in waves, they’ll find you!

-Lots of big stations with a lots of power but no ears. There was a tango india
with a lot of people calling him but he kept calling CQ.

- 303, 330 and 342 degrees seemed to be the most productive headings for the
Mosley.

- Sunday afternoon, had a good run into South America on 15m.

- Beamed into Europe a few times and barely worked a few stations all from Echo
Alfa.

-Saturday night called CQ for 15 minutes on 40m and no takers. I shut the rig
off, grabbed a cold one and went to see the World Series between the Chicago
Cubs and the Cleveland Indians.

-I was having a good run on 20m but they kicked me out of 14.290 because of a
net…. QSY QSY QSY up up up.

-Stations on 14280 were loud.

-This was a remote operation from Tampa FL and the rig in Puerto Rico.  Tnx to
KP4TR.

-Lots of Boricuas were spotted during the weekend, KP4LE, KP4PR, KP4JFR, NP3HT,
NP4ET, WP3C, KP4BD, KP4/K6DTT, WP4OXG, NP3LY, NP3OT, KP4XX, KP4MF, KP4KE (QRP),
NP3A, WP4SK, WP4WW, WP4ONJ, KP4VP, KP3Z, KP4RV, WP4PGY, WP3DX, NP3U.

-Notes for next year, focus on 40 / 80m and get the multipliers.

-N5RGV Se acabaron las quenepas!

-Got the adrenaline pumping a few times.

-Ham Radio is Fun!