[3830] CQWW SSB W5MX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W5MX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 01:33:21 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX K4FT KM4FRM KM4QOY
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   10     4        5
   80:   55    15       29
   40:  115    21       48
   20:  287    21       75
   15:  286    23       74
   10:   67    10       21
------------------------------

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Lousy condx as we have seen in about every post. Struggled to get any kind of
run going on most bands. We were heavy on s&p like many others have stated.
Station performed well although still have not finished towers 3 and 4 (will
continue as long as wx permits this winter). At about the 1/2 way point of
stacking each tower so all the difficult ground prep, concrete cure and initial
stacking work is done.
Had 2 persons on the team who are new to contesting (Ken KM4FRM and George
KM4QOY). Always a pleasure to work with the new folks and watch them gain
confidence with every Q. Nice to have new blood in the contest community, we
could use it! John K4FT does a great job working to generate interest in
contesting in the central KY area. We will always have a place for these folks
to participate in a multiop at the station.
Thanks to all for the Q's and see you all in the CW event!
Best 73's all and see you in CQWW CW from II9P!
Bryan W5MX