[3830] CQWW SSB W3HKK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W3HKK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 17:52:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:   21     7       14
   80:   46    16       29
   40:   70    18       40
   20:   44    18       31
   15:   52    14       31
   10:   28    31       11
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Strategy: To poke around looking to maximize zones and countries on all bands,
using my all wire antennas, with special emphasis on 160. A rare attempt  at
running didn't get much on 160m, but was thankful for KH6J's reply.

Rig: IC7600 to TenTec Centurion=1kw

Ants: brand new 52 ft mast strapped to a walnut tree out back,  supporting  qtr
wave inv-L's ( all 22 radials still coiled up at base of tree!) for 160 and 80m
fed by 300 ft of  common coax; 2 el phased GP arrays for 40 & 20m; & a
10m GP.  15m was covered by a surprisingly effective 20m PA (phased array) that
got replies on 90% of my calls.

Pleasant Surprises:
80m:  pulling out FR4NT early, and then VK6NC @1157z on the 30th with the new
52 ft vertical- qtr wave invL (no radials deployed.)
160m: none, but cn2-cq8m-cr6k was as  close to EU as I got.  Only heard a
couple of very weak Euros.
40m: wkd 9 vk/zl's most up around 7250 away from the fray.
20m: RW0CN, ZD8W, ZS1TMJ showed that good sigs were mostly from the tropics.
Wkd a handful of very weak  continental  euros , that was it.
15m:Best band overall
10m: caught a nice opening around 2pm into SA and Carribb.