[3830] SS CW KU8E SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KU8E SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 03:31:01 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  186
   40:  191
   20:  478
   15:   15
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Radio #1 : K3-100 and KPA500 ~ 600 watts
Radio #2 : Icom IC756PRO2 barefoot
Various wire antennas

Hadn't planned on getting on much. I was laid off from my job due to a
restructuring at the beginning of October so my mind hasn't been on radio much
lately. Got on for the first 3 hours and then turned it off to watch the Ohio
State football game. Got on for about an hour when it was over and then shut
down for the night. Got back on around 15:30Z and planned to operate off and on
until I got bored. Interesting that this year there didn't seem to be a Sunday
grind for me. 20 meters was as good as I've ever heard it from here. The rate
was pretty good until just after sunset. Then went to 40 and then 80 meters for
the last few hours. My friends will tell you I'm pretty bad as far as keeping my
butt in the chair for a long time but amazing I stayed there for the last 12
hours minus a few bathroom breaks.

First time I've had a sweep on CW in awhile. W7GB in EWA was the last section
at 18:57Z Sunday. VY1AAA was worked early but later when I was checking
multipliers It didn't mark NT as worked. I check the log and couldn't find
VY1AAA in the log!!! I think I QSYed in N1MM without hitting the enter key!!
Thankfully I found Gerry and worked him again.

73's until the next one...

Jeff  / KU8E