[3830] SS CW K5KG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georgek5kg@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5KG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 17:28:59 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:    0
   80:  177
   40:  425
   20:  323
   15:  103
   10:    1
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I went into this SS with the idea of putting in a full 24 hours.  However, given
the generally poor conditions, and a high noise level on 20m at times, I lost my
enthusiasm for going the distance.  Not sure if the high noise level was due to
solar condx or some local source, but it was miserable for a few hours.

In the end, the sweep came easily.  My last 5 mults were EWA, ND, SJV, DE, and
MS.  However, after working these, I worked each of those mults again several
times over.

It is stated in the ARRL SS rules that the op must send his/her call as part of
the exchange. However, any number of stations fail to do this.  It is unclear if
the ops who fail to include their call in the exchange do it by knowingly
ignoring the rule [to save time and get a leg up], or are they just ignorant of
the rule!  Whatever the case, stations that do this, should be penalize in some
fashion, IMO!  When I get one of these exchanges, I go back and ask them to
send their call, which they are seemingly glad to do.  This, of course, is a
both a waste of time and a penalty for both of us!  Oh well...

Station:
K3 + Acom 2000A
2X Tribander at 60'
2el 40 @ 75'