[3830] SS CW K8CN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8CN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 03:22:45 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

------------
  160:
   80:   28
   40:   46
   20:   51
   15:   24
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Due to poor planning of work and family obligations on my part, I didn't clear
the deck for a full-time effort this year. Consequently, I spent time on
Saturday night and briefly at the contest end on Sunday night. Guilt is a
terrible distraction during a contest!

Nothing heard on 10 meters at the start, but 15 was alive and well, and 20 was
reasonable. However, 40 meters was much more challenging than last year, in
part due to a new non-power line noise source that seemingly erupted that first
night. 80 meters is always tough due to lack of a real antenna - Thursday night
NS'er N4DW gave me a quick RST when we QSOed on that band: 339, which tells
all.

The highlight of SS CW each year for me is running into old friends as well as
more recent ones. Congratulations to the outstanding QRP ops who still managed
to rack up big Q counts in the face of declining propagation fortunes - you are
inspiration for next year's SS CW!

Thanks to all for the Qs and your patience with my weak signals.  I am reminded
of the professionalism of the CW traffic handling days of my youth on QMN, the
Michigan Net, and I'm glad to find those skills and commitment to getting the
exchange right still present in the SS CW community.

73/72,
Mike K8CN

Rig: K3 @ 5 Watts to Lazy H (cut for 20 meters) and Johnson Matchbox