[3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6zh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 23:59:57 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6ZH
Operator(s): K6ZH
Station: K6ZH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:   75
   40:  179
   20:  184
   15:  187
   10:
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Started late due to social gigs on Saturday.
It took 11 hours, but I finally got the Sweep!  Last was W1HI from RI (of all
places).  I had been inserting "CQ RI" calls with my regular CQs for
a while, and then he showed up (after about a dozen other 1's called who I had
hoped were the "right" 1s!)

Next to last:  ND - N7IV called in, and that was my only ND QSO.

I called CQ most of the time.  The only sections I had to go "get"
were KP2, KP4, WY, NT, SJV, ORG.
Only 1 QSO with NL (VO2AC called me!), NT, RI, DE, SJV, ORG, EWA, WY, ND, and
NE.

Radio - IC746 PRO plus KPA500 amp, 4-element SteppIR, 40-2CD, and 80 meter
inverted vee, all at 6o feet.

My first SS was in 1964 with my newly minted General class license, WB6DPV from
Santa Maria, CA.  I was using 50 watts of AM and a 40 meter dipole.  My VFO
would work on 40 meters, but not on 15.  So I used two crystals on 15 phone to
help 1) make a total of 80 QSOs, and 2) to win the SB section!  My how things
have changed!!

[For those who don't understand the reference to crystals, ask someone with
gray hair!]